Manual wading through error signatures, ad-hoc status updates, and metrics roll-ups for weekly review meetings pull engineers away from their core tasks and add significant delays to the design verification process. However, these metrics are critical for key decision makers to understand design coverage. How can they get the information they need to identify design flaws and make critical decisions? And how can they quickly identify the reason why a test failed?
Make the regression data accessible in a single place, where those who need it can easily access it. Every time a regression is run, the data, and the results of the test, should be accessible to the engineer, the designer, and the test engineer. In this way, each team member can stay informed of the status of testing, and each team can coordinate their efforts.
A data management system allows engineers to:
- Visualize test data in charts.
- Automate test data analysis and reporting.
- Understand associated metadata such as test run times and number of tests passed, failed or never ran
- Drill into specific testbench failures to quickly identify blocks that need to be changed
An effective data management system provides a central location where engineers can access all the information they need related to regression runs, in real-time. Without one, engineers have to do a lot of work to parse and navigate through the log files. And everytime the data formats change or a new block is added, they have to re-write scripts.
With Logarithm Labs' Engineering Automation Platform, verification teams can easily ingest data related to their regression runs and use the data to create reports, dashboards, and visualizations. They can also drill into error signatures if a testbench fails, enabling them to quickly identify the bug and track the design changes that caused the introduction of the bug
The platform provides an easy way for engineers to:
- Automatically generate reports for test coverage and execution metrics
- Manage test results and metadata in central repository
- Visualize test coverage in real time with a web-based dashboard
- Drill into testbench failure for deeper analysis and reporting
The platform helps verification engineers get the information they need to identify design flaws and make critical decisions, so they can focus their attention on their core tasks - improve the verification completion and coverage metrics.
To learn more about how our solution can help you create the perfect data management system, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.