Chip design is becoming a complex and highly iterative process. This is due in part to the increasing integration density of chips. The increasing number of chip ‘cells’ (transistors, standard cells, memories, IP blocks etc.) and the corresponding increase in interconnects between chip cells makes it increasingly difficult to design, simulate, and verify chips.
When you combine the increased complexity with the lack of visibility into design metrics, designers have become unable to effectively coordinate across the design team. The lack of coordination across the design team causes design failures, delays, and increased cost.
The Logarithm Labs Engineering Automation Platform is an on-prem platform that provides the visibility and coordination across the design team. The platform is based on a rules engine that parses key design metrics and generates reports, alerts, and dashboards that key decision makers can use to increase the overall effectiveness and agility of design teams.
The platform provides:
- Automated data collection
- Data analysis and drill downs
- Alerts and notifications
- Reports and dashboard generation
The Logarithm Labs Engineering Automation Platform is specifically designed to meet the needs of semiconductor companies and design teams within larger technology organizations. Some of the ways in which teams can use them include:
- Compare key design metrics across multiple designs
- Identify the impact of design changes
- Gain visibility into design metrics across your design through centralized data collection
- Automate and standardize the design review process and frequency
- Reduce the cost and lead time of bringing designs to market
- Improve the quality of interaction between the design team and management
- Provide a better understanding of the impact of design changes
- Generate alerts and notifications to keep the design team on track
- Easily ingest data from major EDA tools
As the complexity of chip design increases, designers have become unable to effectively coordinate across the design team. The Logarithm Labs Engineering Automation Platform gives them the visibility and coordination across the design team to design, verify, and deploy more complex chips faster.